How a Physical Therapist Can Help
Observations That May Warrant a Physical Therapy Screen or Evaluation:
- Slow to obtain appropriate gross motor skills, such as, running, jumping, catching and throwing balls, and safe stair navigation
- Fatigue after brief periods of physical activity
- Wide base of support during walking and sitting
- Frequent tripping when walking, running or changing surfaces
- Difficulty remaining upright when sitting in chair (slumping in chair or resting arms on table for support)
- Apprehensive or fearful to climb playground equipment
- Preference to remain stationary on the floor during play
If your child is experiencing any of the difficulties above, contact your local Committee on Preschool Special Education (ages 3-5 years old) or local Early Intervention (EI) services (ages 0-3 years old) to inquire about an evaluation. For more information about physical therapy services offered through Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center, please call 716-885-8318.
School and Clinic Locations
Let Us Help
At Buffalo Hearing & Speech Center, we are dedicated to helping you overcome any hearing, speech, communication, or educational need you have. Call us to speak with a Specialist or Write Us A Message.
The solution starts here!
Looking for advice?